I am having a nice cup of tea and a sit down, so thought I would write a quick update. Whilst I am waiting for the last lot of lacquering I did to dry, I have started to prepare a new piece for a customer. I have taken the piece apart and have stripped off most of the old lacquer. I have a few little screws and knobs left to strip, hopefully I shall get them finished by the end of the day.
The piece is interesting, most of it is in good shape but a few pieces, those which have been handled the most, have severe wear and pitting. Nothing I cant fix, but it will be fiddly and laborious. It will all be worth it in the end though.